Wednesday, August 31, 2011

End of Placement at MTHDD








The pictures taken above are of my ride to and from MTHDD. These are scenes that I saw on a daily basis.


I was able to sneak a picture of the area in which the patients spend their days. What you are seeing in the last photo is the ladies section of MTHDD. To your left is an area that looks exactly the same that houses the men.


My volunteer placement at Mother Teresa's Home for the Destitute and Dying (MTHDD) ended last Friday, and I am spending my last week teaching English and Math to first through fourth grade students. Actually, it's a little bit of English, a little bit of Math, and a lot of playing, coloring, and doing the Hokey Pokey. I miss my ladies at MTHDD but I know a new volunteer will be coming soon to take care of them. I was never able to take pictures of them, but their faces and personalities will stay with me for a long, long time.

1 comment: