Monday, August 15, 2011

Food






I love Indian food! I can't believe that I get to eat it everyday, as well as drinking the best lassis and chais ever!!! We eat breakfast in our apt (usually chai with biscuits & fruit), but we have lunch and dinner at the office with the local staff. Most of the meals are Indian, but the cook has made pizza, Chinese food, and pizza. I prefer the Indian food, but as long as I don't have to cook, I'll eat anything. It's really not safe to eat anything from the local stalls and poor Annie, one of the volunteers, ended up in the hospital because she drank a mango smoothie from a food stall.
The pictures are as follows:
  • Our local staff (I'll write more about them later)
  • Eating Indian food from the south: Idli, Vada, Dosa, Parantha, Red/Green/Coconut Sauce, Lentil Soup, Tomato Basil Soup, Kesar Bhat (dessert)
  • Daisy, Cindy, Annie and the two cooks, Suresh and Pawan. We are waiting for the three other volunteers to arrive. This is where we have lunch and dinner.
  • The menu for the day is always printed on the blackboard.
  • My very favorite foods from my childhood in East Africa: Samosa & Jalebi. They were hot and fresh and sooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment