Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 8, 2011

Indian tourists getting their picture taken at Hamayan Tomb in New Delhi.
It's been quite an interesting two days, from meeting my fellow volunteers, the placement staff, getting to know my neighborhood, and venturing out into the chaos of Delhi.
I am living in a section of Delhi called Hauz Khas Village, which is a middle-class area of apt buildings, shops and parks. Our apt consists of 3 bedrooms (two upstairs and one downstairs), two bathrooms, a large common area, kitchen, and two balconies. I am in the downstairs room with Daisy, my roommate. The placement office is a 5-minute walk (if one gets lost, it's much longer) from our apt, and that is where we have lunch, dinner, and all our meetings.
I love our neighborhood as it has a couple of good coffee shops, it is very near a metro stop, and it feels like a real neighborhood. Lots of hustle and bustle going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment